Professional Mentoring for newly-qualified Hypnotherapists
If you're newly qualified as a hypnotherapist it can feel really daunting to begin with. There you are, sitting in front of a client for the first time and what do you do?
Your training will (or should) have equipped you with a thorough understanding of hypnosis and its therapeutic application but when faced with a real client you may find yourself wondering how the hell you're going to help them! Where do I begin? What should I do first? What shall I say when they are hypnotised? What 'techniques' should I use?
As a hypnotherapist any on-going supervision you are required to have will mostly focus on individual client cases, whereas my mentoring service is more about you and how you are with clients. How you are in the room makes a huge difference to the therapeutic outcome. This is why I now offer my fifteen plus years of experience to mentor newly qualified hypnotherapists, giving you the psychological tools that your training may have lacked.
Professional Mentoring will help you to...
- Quickly develop rapport with whoever you're working with
- Develop a safe and trusting 'containing' space
- Master hypnotic language to create an expectation of change in the client, even before you see them!
- Develop your own self-confidence so that your clients believe in you and your skills as a professional facilitator of change
- Assess your own expectations for the work you do with each client
- Work with transference and counter-transference to see how the therapeutic relationship pattern-matches to the client's (and your own!) earlier relationships
- Be mindful of HOW you are with the client. You 'being-ness' matters as the client will consciously and unconsciously pick-up on your 'energy'. You need to be present in the room!
- How to work with your own trances in the session with clients
- Create tailored scripts (with embedded hypnotic language) to use for your clients before eventually moving beyond scripts. (I used some scripts in my early days but soon moved beyond them when I realised that reading scripts is not (and should not) be the cornerstone of the work)
With these skills you will feel so much more confident as a therapist and consequently achieve better client outcomes which will result in more referrals for you.
So, if you're newly qualified as a hypnotherapist and feeling a bit confused or overwhelmed give me a call on 0845 450 2326 or email me and we can chat about my Professional Mentoring Service. I'd be honoured to help you become the best therapist you can be.
© Copyright Gavin Roberts 2018