Hello and Welcome to Human-Spirit
Back in 2001 I'd been struggling with a problem for ten years until two sessions of hypnotherapy cured me. This life-changing experience motivated me to train in hypnotherapy and since then I've helped hundreds
of people just like you to make positive changes and live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life.
At Human-Spirit I practice Hypnotherapy and Mind Coaching to help you not only solve your every-day problems like worry, stress, and anxiety, but to also unlock your potential and find real meaning in your life. My approach mixes solution-focused and transpersonal hypnotherapy with educational mind coaching and mentoring to help you use your brain better and awaken your heart and soul.
You can book a Free Discovery Session (either in
person at one of my offices - in Stowmarket or Colchester - or online
via Skype) to find out how I could help
you. Find out how hypnotherapy helped me and how it can help you in my free e-book below. As a therapist specializing in the use of hypnosis my job is to get you out of any negative trance you are already in, such as...
- Fears, phobias, panic attacks
- PTSD, negative memories, abuse, flashbacks
- Lack of confidence or self-esteem
- Addictions - smoking, binge-drinking, gambling, phone/screen addiction, porn etc.
- Weight problems (and eating disorders)
- Sex and relationship issues
- Loss of meaning and purpose in life
So let's get clear about this: all of the above symptoms are, indeed, trance states - states of locked attention - resulting in a narrowed view of reality, keeping you stuck in a negative, problematic mind-set. In effect, if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms you are already hypnotized and my job is to get you out of it.
Take a moment to imagine...
- No longer feeling depressed or anxious
- No longer being addicted to drugs, alcohol, food, sex, gambling, gaming/computers/smartphones
- No longer haunted by negative memories
- Feeling more confident and assertive in yourself
- Living life more authentically, being true to yourself and others
- Living a life full of meaning and purpose
Let's talk about some certainties concerning the human journey... As human beings, especially during the first half of life as we develop our identities and place in the world, we are necessarily driven by the needs of the ego or what might be termed 'the survival-self'.
But at some point, usually around midlife, we start to 'wake up', often by realizing that what we're doing is no longer working or is no longer providing us with the same level of fulfilment or satisfaction.
Life can feel empty and void of any real purpose.
We start asking ourselves the Big Questions and begin to realize that what we've been conditioned to believe by our parents, schooling, the media, religion, (or by the way we have interpreted our own life experiences) isn't necessarily the truth. We begin to question our collective and personal stories and yearn for a deeper meaning in the way we live our lives.
The Big Questions I refer to are these...
Who am I? Or, what am I?
Does my life have a purpose (and if I feel as if it doesn't then how do I find it?)
What is missing in my life?
What gives me a sense of meaning?
What is my life for and how am I using my time on this planet?
Do I act and speak authentically (as my True Self) or do I seek to please others with the secret motivation of gaining their approval/keeping the peace/being liked and loved?
Am I living my truth or someone else's?
How do I relate to the sacred, to something bigger than myself?
What happens to 'me' when I die?
Does consciousness survive the physicality of death?
These are all vitally important questions as you begin the journey of unearthing your True Self, your Soul, hidden under layers of ego defences and personas we all adopted to help us get by earlier in life. But at some point, even though we might have established ourselves in the world (which is mostly just about ego-identity and status) we feel a sense of emptiness, as if we're just pretending or compromising our way through life.
"The sacred duty of being an individual is to gradually learn how to live so as to awaken the eternal within you."
John O'Donohue's quote, from his wonderful book, Eternal Echoes, reminds us that if what we do carries no meaning life will feel pointless. We trudge on day-to-day, hoping for a miracle (i.e. winning the lottery) or at least some kind of false high at the weekends. Then it's Monday again. For many people this is fine, just going round on that treadmill. Some people, it would seem, don't want to wake up or are not even aware that life could be different. (Just walk down any high street and you'll see most people are sleep-walking through life, anaesthetized by their phones, dumbed-down, with nothing more to look forward to in life than the next episode of Eastenders or consumed by some emotional drama of their own). For many people who are starting to awaken from their personal and cultural trances, life has to mean more than this.
At human-spirit, with the positive use of hypnosis and trance, psychotherapy, coaching and mentoring, my aim is to help you not only work through the problems and challenges of everyday life but also experience a 'gravitational shift' so that your centre of awareness moves away from the demands of the controlling and fear-based ego and toward your True-Authentic-Self.
I will help you accomplish this in a variety of ways, which will include a mixture of Traditional Hypnotherapy and more Transpersonal or Spiritual Hypnotherapy...
- helping you develop your innate resources to meet your emotional needs better (more on this here). When emotional needs are met life feels more meaningful.
- freeing yourself from your history by turning off faulty conditioning in your emotional brain so you no longer respond to situations like you did in the past. (This is especially powerful if you suffer from PTSD, phobias, panic attacks, abusive or negative memories or trauma of any kind, and addictive behaviours).
- developing your capacity to live life more assertively and authentically as your True Self in the here and now (and not be held captive by the desires and fears of the ego/survival-self ) so that you can fulfil your potential and feel that your life has real meaning and purpose
- And helping you connect your consciousness up to something greater than yourself, call it God, Spirit, Nature, the Oneness, however you refer to it. It is by direct experience of this type of connection that your 'centre of gravity' shifts from ego to more enlightened states of awareness or higher states of consciousness. The correct and skilful use of hypnosis and the REM state is a way to achieving this.
I am now also offering Skype psychotherapy sessions. See my fees page for more info on booking your Skype session and you can follow me on Twitter and Facebook And as an affiliate member of Hypnosis Downloads you can purchase and listen to hypnosis recordings in the comfort of your own home. And there are many videos about hypnosis and related mind-body-soul topics on my You Tube channel.
Remember, for a limited time only you can speak to me in a FREE Discovery Session and ask any questions you might have. Call me on 0845 450 2326. I look forward to helping you make the changes you desire and become who you are.
"If you are not living your truth you are just pretending."
©Copyright Gavin Roberts 2018